Sunday Times: Rich list of people 2019, Hinduja Brothers top for the third time
- by Tripti-bhushan
- May 14, 2019 16:28
According to Sunday Times Rich List 2019, Indian-origin Billionaire Hinduja brothers (Sri and Gopi Hinduja) were named as wealthiest people in the UK continuously for a third time. They topped No. 1 rank with a fortune of 22 billion pounds.
Others in Sunday Times Rich List
- Mumbai-born Brothers David and Simon Reuben secured second place with a combined wealth of 18.66 billion pounds. They made fortune in scrap metal, property and carpets
- The richest person on 2018’s Times Rich List, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, founder of Ineos chemicals firm, slipped to third rank.
- Zimbabwe-born Valerie Moran became first black female entrepreneur ever to be ranked in the Times Rich List.
About Hinduja Brothers
The Hinduja Group, family business was founded in 1914 in Mumbai, India.
- It now holds a global interests in various areas which includes banking, oil and gas, IT (Information and Technology) and property.
- The Indian origin Hinduja Brothers namely Sri, aged 83 and Gopi, aged 79 are London based British citizens. They are two of the four brothers controlling the empire.
- Properties owned by them include ‘The Old War Office in Whitehall’ (that was used as headquarters by Winston Churchill during World War II) which they soon might reopen as a luxury hotel.
- In past, two brothers have topped the Sunday Times list in 2014 and in 2017.
About Sunday Times Rich List
- It is an annual list which estimates 1,000 wealthiest people or families resident of United Kingdom (UK) and rank them by net wealth.
- It is published by Britains national Sunday newspaper The Sunday Times.
- It is based on identifiable wealth which includes property, land, other assets like art, and shares in companies.
- It does not include the amount people have in their bank accounts.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review
Today’s Trending Videos
Join Us on Youtube: Subscribe Our Channel Now