8 million tons of plastic flow into ocean every year . We have plastic based life , from carrying things to dispose things ; we need them . Plastics are used in all kinds , from A to Z 60% things which we use is made of plastic .
Pollution is the introduction of harmful materials into the environment and these harmful Plastics are called pollutants .
'Just a bottle of water' said billion of people in 5 minute while purchasing water bottle made up of plastic which are sadly only 9% recycled . Where does rest of bottles goes ?
They go to oceans and turns out to be reason many of aquatic species die by eating them . Oh poor animal can't they observe its plastic and it may harm them ..Unfortunately they can't , they aren't aware of vicious cycle of human life where human destroys everything just to get their life easier and name it development .
Normal people : So , should we stop drinking water and die through dehydration ?
- You don't have to stop drinking water . ofcourse you need to drink cleaned , mineralised water for good health but dear avoid buying plastic bottles each time you feel thirsty . Why don't you refill it instead of throwing it away anywhere ?
Its not just the water bottles ,
while we shop groceries instead of asking them for a plastic bag to carry your groceries take a bag from your home . Yes its an option my Dad use to do for each time he went to market . In case if its handy you may carry it in your hand like , buying a tetra pack juice or cold drink you may drink it immediately after you purchase it then why you need a plastic bag to carry it for seconds .
I have seen many cows and other animals eating plastic messed with food items thrown in streets , I just run to them to separate it from the food , so that they won't die by eating it . Trust me , people around me stare at me with disgust the way I struggle with their mouth to get out the plastic but it really doesn't matter as I'm saving their lives .
I feel sorry for them that they can't separate the food from plastic . I feel distressed that I'm not being able to run all over the world for separating it for them .
Global warming is something we all must have written essays on while we were students then why can't we be adults to acknowledge them practically ?
Plastic are the basic reason for global warming as it take uncountable years to decompose the huge of amount of plastics .
Saddening informations :
• Worldwide, 73 percent of beach litter is plastic: filters from cigarette butts, bottles, bottle caps, food wrappers, grocery bags, and polystyrene containers.
• World plastic production has increased exponentially from 2.3 million tons in 1950 to 162 million in 1993 to 448 million by 2015.
• By 2050, virtually every seabird species on the planet will be eating plastic.
• As of 2015, more than 6.9 billion tons of plastic waste had been generated. Around 9 percent of that was recycled, 12 percent was incinerated, and 79 percent accumulated in landfills or environment.
• Around the world, nearly a million plastic beverage bottles are sold every minute.
• The largest market for plastics today is packaging materials. That trash now accounts for nearly half of all plastic waste generated globally—most of it never gets recycled or incinerated.
• More than 40 percent of plastic is used just once, then tossed.
I know its regretful to acknowlege this all but still there's hope to make it fine . So just
join me with my oath
I ___your name____ will try my best to use less plastic , will make sure foods aren't thrown in plastics , refill bottles instead of purchasing , avoid taking plastic carry bags at stores , use wasted plastic in recycling and will give my efforts to make this world less affected with plastic ,
because LIFE WITH PLASTIC IS NOT FANTASTIC .