List of Indian Celebrities In Entertainment Industry Who died In 2020
- by Daneel-Yunus
- Dec 23, 2020 18:26
Due to the spreading coronavirus, 2020 is one of the worst years in all around the world. It also increases the deaths of celebrities including Bollywood actors and actresses this year. The television and film industry has lost gems in 2020 including Sushant Singh Rajput, Rishi Kapoor, Irfan Khan, Jagdeep, and Saroj Khan.
Several Bollywood celebrities are dead in 2020 are as given below –
* Nimmi – Veteran Bollywood actor, Nimmi was dead at an age of 87 on March 25, 2020, in Mumbai. She was popular as a Nawab Banoo and her debut in the movie ‘’Barsaat’’ by Raj Kapoor. Nimmi was worked with several hit movies between 1950 and 1965. There are several popular movies including Uran Khatola (1955), Mere Mehboob (1963), Daag (1952), Basant Bahar (1956), Aan (1952), and Amar (1954).
* Irrfan Khan – Popular actor, Irfan Khan was dead at an age of 53 due to cancer in Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital on April 29, 2020. He was diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer in the year 2018 and had been going to London for treatment. The last movie of Irrfan Khan was ‘’Angrezi Medium’’ which was released on March 13, 2020.
* Rishi Kapoor – Bollywood actor, Rishi Kapoor was dead at age of 67 in Mumbai on April 30, 2020, after a long battle with cancer. Rishi Kapoor was diagnosed with cancer in the year 2018 and going to New York for treatment. He has two children including Ranbir Kapoor who is a popular actor in Film Industry.
* Wajid Khan – Popular music composer, Sajid Khan was dead at an age of 42 due to cardiac arrest on June 1, 2020. He was famous for his songs such as ‘’Jalwa’’, ‘’Fevicol se’’, ‘’Hud Hud Dabangg’’, and many more songs.
* Basu Chatterjee – Indian Film Director and Screenwriter, Basu Chatterjee were known for best movies such as Piya Ka Ghar (1971), Choti Si Baat (1975), Ek Ruka Hua Faisla, Baaton Baaton Mein (1979), Chitchor (1976), Swami (1977), and many more. He was dead at an age of 93 due to age-related illness at his home on June 4, 2020, in Mumbai and was also famous for his distinct cinematic language.
* Sushant Singh Rajput – Popular Bollywood Actor, Sushant Singh Rajput was dead on June 14, 2020, in Mumbai. Previously he was becoming popular in the serial ‘’Pavitra Rishta’’ in the television industry. Due to an increase in popularity, Sushant got a first movie name “Kai Po Che!’’. He was worked in several movies such as Raabta, Shudh Desi Romance, Chhichhore, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, Detective Byomkesh Bakshi, and many more.
* Saroj Khan – Popular Bollywood Choreographer, Saroj Khan was dead at an age of 71 due to cardiac arrest in Mumbai on July 3, 2020. Saroj Khan choreographed 2000 songs and successful collaborations with popular actresses Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi. There are some of the songs that are choreographed by Saroj Khan is ‘’Dhak Dhak Karne Laga’’, ‘’Tamma Tamma’’, “Ek Do Teen’’, ‘’Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai’’ and many more.
* Jagdeep – The real name of Jagdeep is Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jaffrey was born on March 29, 1939. He was an Indian film actor and comedian who was appeared in more than 400 movies. Jagdeep was known for his role “Soorma Bopali” in the movie “Sholay” that was released in the year 1975. He has worked in 400 movies and entertained the audience as a great comedy. Jagdeep was dead on July 8, 2020, due to age-related health issues.
* Rajat Mukherjee – Film director, Rajat Mukherjee was dead due to kidney-related issues on July 19, 2020, and was popular for a movie such as Pyar Tune Kya Kiya (2001), Love in Nepal (2004), Road (2002) and Umeed (2017).
* Kumkum – Veteran Film actress, Kumkum was dead at an age of 86 on July 28, 2020. She was popular for her roles in movies such as Mother India, Kohinoor, Naya Daur, Raja Aur Runk, Aankhein, Son of India, Mr.X in Bombay, Lalkaar, and many more.
* Rahat Indori – Popular poet, and lyricist, Rahat Indori was dead on August 11, 2020, due to cardiac arrest. He was born on January 1, 2020, and was popular for penning songs such as ‘’Bumbro’’ (Mission Kashmir), “Dil Ko Hazar Bar’’ (Murder), ‘’Chori Chori Jab Nazrein Mili’’ (Meenaxi), and many more. Rahat Indori was tested positive due to Covid-19 on August 10, 2020, and later admitted to Aurobindo Hospital in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
* Ashalata Wabgaonkar – She was born on July 21, 1941, and is commonly known as Ashalata. Ashalata was a Bollywood actress that worked in over 100 Marathi and Hindi movies. She was also singing several Konkani songs broadcast in the Mumbai Station of the All-India Radio. Ashalata was dead at an age of 79 on September 22, 2020, due to coronavirus in Satara, Maharashtra during a shooting in a Marathi serial. She has appeared in several movies such as Shaukeen, Woh Saat Din, Namak Halal, and Ankush.
* SP Balasubrahmanyam – He was a Veteran Indian television anchor, music director, singer, film producer, and dubbing artist. SP Balasubrahmanyam was worked in Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu movies. He has won six National Film Awards for Best Male Playback Singer in four languages such as Kannada, Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu. He was tested positive for Covid-19 and was admitted to MGM Healthcare in Chennai on August 5, 2020. Later he was dead on September 25, 2020, due to cardio-respiratory arrest and was buried at his farmhouse with state honors on September 26, 2020, in Tamaraipakam, Thiruvallur district.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review