International Yoga Day is celebrated on June 21 and every year on this day people are motivated to adopt yoga and make it a part of their life. This year after the corona outbreak, many experts have mentioned that yoga can be really helpful to overcome these stressful times and how it can help to stay fit and optimistic. Thus, yoga is a great stress-buster that not only improves physical health but also provides mental peace.
Here are some of the proven benefits of yoga:
- Relieves Stress: Yoga is an ultimate stress-reliever. Studies have shown that yoga helps in combating stress and controlling blood pressure. Yoga helps people with overcoming depression and anxiety. Savasana, child pose, seated forward bend, standing forward bends and side stretches are some yoga poses that can help you in achieving relief from stress and anxiety.
- Leads to Weight Loss: Regular practice of yoga brings in lots of flexibility and helps in reducing weight as well. Some of the very beneficial yoga poses that can help you with weight loss are Surya Namaskar, plank pose, warrior pose, downward dog pose, bridge pose, shoulder stand, twisted chair pose, and bow pose. But weight loss is not an instant outcome it requires constant practice of yoga.
- Improves body strength: Regular practice of yoga builds in great body strength. Planks, headstands, handstands, and side planks are one of the best yoga postures that help a lot in strength training and improving the body’s strength.
- Sharpens the mind and bring stability: Regular practice of yoga poses like headstands, padmasana, half spinal twist pose, and plow pose helps a lot in sharpening the mind and bringing in a lot of mental stability.
- It helps in getting proper sleep: In today’s time, people undergo lots of stress and pressures that lead to insomnia or disruption in sleep patterns. However, many studies have proven that yoga helps in treating insomnia and other disrupting sleep patterns. There are lots of yoga postures like standing forward bends, legs up to the wall (part Karani), savasana, seated spinal twist, and reclining butterfly that helps in getting undisturbed sleep and peace of mind.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review