Top 10 Amazing Benefits of Tomatoes

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_download_file_by_id?fileId=4_za8a2358db1d7f91b68b30916_f109149def48e6c89_d20210420_m101045_c002_v0001135_t0049

Tomatoes are one of the important parts of food during lunch and dinner. They are also used in salads which is beneficial for your health. Tomatoes contain a great source of the antioxidant lycopene that has been linked with several health benefits such as the lower risk of cancer and heart disease and many more. They also have a great source of vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, and folate.

Tomatoes are available in several colors such as green, orange, red, and purple. The water content in tomatoes is about 95 percent. The remaining 5 percent consists of fiber and carbohydrates. There are several types of tomatoes of different sizes and can be prepared in different ways such as stewed tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, soups, and raw tomatoes.

Health benefits of tomatoes

There are some of the health benefits of tomatoes are as given below –

  1. Boost immunity– Tomatoes contain lycopene increase the ability of white blood cells which are known for fighting infections. Tomatoes also have vitamin C that helps in boosting your immunity levels. It also increases stress hormones that the body remains healthy and energized.  So, it helps in improving the immune system during the pandemic period.
  2. Healthy skin – Due to a large amount of lycopene is present in tomatoes, it may be beneficial for the skin as per a study. Vitamin C and antioxidants are found in tomatoes that help in delaying skin aging that makes skin glowing and healthy.

  3. Prevent cancer – Tomatoes contain a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C that help in combating the formation of free radicals that may cause cancers. As per a study, tomatoes contain lycopene that is linked with the prevention of prostate, stomach, and colorectal cancer

  4. Healthy heart – Tomatoes may also have folate that controls the levels of homocysteine that is responsible for increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes. Tomatoes may also help in increasing good cholesterol and reduces the production of bad cholesterol which is good for heart health.

  5. Healthy eye – Due to a great source of lutein, beta-carotene, and lycopene in tomatoes that help in protecting the eyes by lowering the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).

  6. Strong bones – As per the United States Department of Agriculture, hundred grams of tomatoes contain 110gm of calcium that helps in making strong bones.

  7. Maintain blood sugar – Tomatoes contain chromium that helps in maintaining blood sugar which is also good for the heart.

  8. Improve digestion – Due to the great amount of fiber in tomato that helps in preventing constipation. It may also beneficial in improving the digestive system.

  9. Burn fat – Tomato help in enhancing the production of the amino acid known as Carnitine that helps in increasing the burning of the body’s fat.

  10. Reduce blood pressure – Due to a good source of potassium in tomatoes, it helps in reducing the elevated blood pressure in the body and lower the risk of any heart problem.

Leave a Reply