Anganwadi Worker Dies After Alleged Gang-Rape

She carried the only mobile phone of the family and it was found smashed in her clothes. The family was not in a position to call the police immediately. When they reached the police station, they were told that the police were busy in some operation. Later, policemen took away the phone,” he said.  Locals said a video of the priest saying she fell into the well was circulating but the police could not nab him. They said the well was in an isolated area and not at a place where somebody could fall in by accident


The SHO also believed the theory of the accused till the post­mortem report revealed that she had been brutalized,” said social activist Shafi Ahmed. It took the police more than 18 hours to take the body to the mortuary.  “It was around noon on Monday that the police received a call on 112 and by the time the body reached the mortuary, it was evening. So, the post mortem was conducted on Tuesday and an FIR was registered under sections 302 and 376D of the IPC,” said Sankalp Sharma, SSP, Budaun.


Mr. Sharma said initially both the SHO and the family members believed the theory of the priest because he himself brought the body to the victim’s residence. “It was when the family realized that she was bleeding from private parts that they approached the police. In fact, tehreer [complaint] came to us on Tuesday when I insisted. But the SHO should have been much more sensitive and alert,” he stated. Yashpal Singh CMO, Budaun, said prima facie it seemed like a case of rape. “There were injuries on the private parts. Her ribs were broken and there was a fracture in one leg.” Dr. Singh said the injuries suggested that she was dragged.


“There were excessive bleeding and death was because of shock. The viscera has been preserved and the sample has been sent to the forensic lab,” Dr. Singh said. District Magistrate Kumar Prashant said the case would be heard in a fast track court and all possible government help would be provided to the victim’s family. CM’s directive Taking note of the case, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directed ADG Bareilly to visit the spot and submit a report on the incident.  In what appears like an adverse comment on the ability of the local administration, the U.P. A Special Task Force has also been instructed to provide assistance in the investigation of the case. The incident created a massive outrage on social media and Opposition parties took the government to task. A delegation of the local Congress unit met the victim’s family and promised all possible support.




Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News

Read More Sports News, Cricket News

Read More Wonderful Articles on Life, Health and more

Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review

Leave a Reply