Most Amazing facts about Ramanand Sagar’s "Ramayana" on DD National | World’s Most-Watched Mythological Series
- by Suramya-Kaushik
- Apr 13, 2020 16:08
Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayana has broken all the records of TRP with 17 crore people’s viewership in just 4 days. Now, it has become the most-watched show of all time. 33 years ago when Ramanand Sagar decided to run Ramayana on TV then he was not sure because, at that time, TV was not considered to be a profitable medium. But, he went on with his decision and as Ramayana went on-air, it changed the face of Indian TV. Its popularity is so huge that even today some temples in India have photos of the cast members as RAM, LAKSHMAN, SITA, and HANUMAN. When the show used to come on TV then the roads seemed to be empty and now when people are locked up at their homes during the COVID-19 outbreak then Ramayana has become their companion at 9 both in the morning and evening. Ramayana has huge popularity not only in India but in other countries as well. Ramayana itself has many interesting stories but Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayana has some beautiful and exciting facts that make it more interesting.
Here’s a look at some of the facts that have made Ramayana so popular in today’s time:
- Ram’s father and mother- Dashrath and Kaushalya the characters played by Bal Dhuri and Jayshree Gadkar were married in real life too.
- The show’s music composer- Ravindra Jain was blind but the serial Ramayana earned him huge popularity and soon he became the king of the music world.
- Sanjay Jog, who played the character of Bharat in the show, was originally approached for the character of Lakshman but due to excessive shooting days commitment who couldn’t agree on it and therefore he played Bharat.
- Aslam Khan, the supporting actor in the serial played the most number of roles in Ramayana. He has got huge popularity with a re-run of the show now. To name a few, he was featured as rakshas, rishi muni, Samudra deva, vanar, etc. in Ramayana.
- The shoot of the show went on for over 550 days which was an outdoor shoot most of the time.
- Arun Govil, who played Ram in Ramayana was also the lead character in Ramanand Sagar’s Vikram Betaal. He played the character of Vikram in it.
- The show became so popular that it earned a spot in the Limca Book of Records for the World’s Most-Watched Mythological Series.
- The character of Lakshman which is getting acknowledged and adored a lot by the audience now was given to him by luck. He was first approached for the character of Shatrughan but when the actor who was first approached for playing Lakshman refused to do it, then Sunil Lahri got to play Lakshman.
- Owing to the popularity of the show, it was extended thrice to a total of 78 episodes, instead of the original 52 episodes.
Thus, this serial has created history and even today it is the most-watched and has become the favorite of the nation. However, Ramanand Sagar died on 12 December 2005 but he’ll be always remembered for this serial and the serial will always be immortal.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review