Best quotes from HIMYM
The series How I Met Your Mother has been my constant support. It has been my favorite since really long. Through all the ups and downs, Himym had a very apt lesson to offer me. And believe me, in every rerun the show offers something new to teach me. Himym is all about life. Through all the moments I was in despair, Himym gave me hope and through all the time I was too hopeful, Himym gave me reasons enough to believe why despair is also important to understand the importance of hope.
Recently, while studying the idea of ‘art for art’s sake’ I learned that art absolutely has no purpose apart from giving the aesthetic pleasure. In that sense, art for resistance or for any other matter simply strips off the art of its art-ness and makes it mere propaganda (this is a discussion for another time). But my point here is that Himym made me feel something, it made me laugh, cry, smile. It made me see life in a different way. For me, Himym is art. Not to mention that the show has some of the finest quotable lines.
So here I list some of my favorite quotes from the show-
1. “When you believe in people, people come through.”- Ted Mosby
2. “But there’s one thing your Aunt Robin never was, she was never alone.”- Ted Mosby
3. “Kids you can’t cling to the past because no matter how tightly you hold on, it’s already gone.”- Ted Mosby
4. “Hey Ted, you wrote all these things to say goodbye to but so many of them are just good things. Why not just say goodbye to bad things? Say goodbye to all the times you felt lost, to all the times it was a no instead of a yes, to all the scrapes and bruises. Say goodbye to all the things you really want to do for the last time. But don’t go and have one last scotch with Barney, have a first scotch toasting Barney’s new life because that’s a good thing and good things will always be here, waiting for you.”- Lily Aldrin
5. “If you’re looking for the word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want, no matter how much it destroys you, it’s love. And when you love someone, you don’t stop, ever. Even when people roll their eyes and call you crazy. Even then. Especially then! You just- you don’t give up.” –Ted Mosby