Throughout the world, milk serves as an essential food, and everyone has loved it for thousands of years. “Have a glass of milk daily” is one of the standard advice of all mothers. Milk provides you essential nutrients, including calcium, vitamin A, vitamin D, and a good amount of protein. What? Or vegan? Don’t think hard, for we have brought you lactose-free dairy products that you will love to consume. So, milk has many alternatives that can offer good nutrition profiles too. Lactose intolerant people suffer from the lack of enzyme lactase, present in the small intestine. Due to this, they are unable to digest lactose as lactase is responsible for its proper digestion. Their inability to digest lactose results in various digestive problems. Intaking lactose-free dairy products will help recuperate them.
List Of Lactose-free Dairy Products
1. Almond Milk: Almond milk is an easy dairy-free product. It has a pleasant nutty and creamy flavor that makes your taste buds say yummy. It can be made at home rather than tetra packed one. It makes a proper replacement for milk as it contains no lactose. Given below is the recipe for almond milk. Ingredients soaked almonds (8hrs/1 cup) 2 cups of drinking water Method Rinse with fresh water thoroughly and peel the skin. Add almonds and water in a blender at high speed. Now strain out the pulp for smooth milk. Shelf life – 3 days.
2. Cashew Milk: Cashews are quite an enjoyable option for a variety of sweet dishes. It gives a creamy and mild flavor. Although cashew milk may not have enough proteins, iron, calcium, compared to dairy milk, it is healthy as lactose-free, containing healthy unsaturated fats, iron, etc. Ingredients soaked cashews (4 hrs/1 cups) 4 cups of drinking water 2 drops of maple syrup Method Rinse soaked cashews with water. Add cashews and water in a blender until it’s completely smooth. For a sweeter taste, you can add 2 drops of maple syrup. Shelf life – 3 days.
3. Coconut Milk: comes from the fresh brown coconuts. It is a popular choice in many traditional cuisines around the world. Coconut milk is one of the best alternatives to dairy milk. Comparatively, it has fewer amounts of proteins, but for lactose intolerants, it is a healthy choice. Ingredients 1 cup of freshly shredded coconut 2 cups of warm drinking water Method Take 1 cup of shredded coconut and ¾ cup of warm water. Blend it for 2 minutes. Strain the thick coconut milk. Repeat the process by adding ½ cup slowly and blended it well until the extract becomes much thinner. Coconut milk is ready for a drink. Shelf life – 3 days.
4. Soya Milk: Soy milk is a good source of protein as it contains all the essential amino acids. It is a common substitute for dairy milk and a perfect go-to option. Lactose is not present in soy milk, which makes it healthy to consume. This homemade recipe makes it easier for you to reap its benefits. Ingredients soaked soybeans (8 hrs/1 cups) 4 cups of fresh water Method Mix 1 cup of soaked soybean with 4 cups of water in a blender. Blend till the soy milk texture is smooth. Remove the soy milk from the solids and squeeze the milk through a cheesecloth to extract maximum milk. Boil the milk over medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir often to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Cool and use it. Shelf life – 3 days.
5. Peanut Butter: Butter is a dairy product prepared from milk too. If you want to enjoy non-dairy butter, then peanut butter is one of the right options. It’s a food spread from ground dry roasted peanuts. It may be allergic to a few people. It does not contain lactose, making it safe to consume if you are lactose intolerant. Ingredients roasted peanuts (100 g unpeeled) Method Put the peanuts in the grinder, grind till it becomes powder. Continue to grind until it becomes very smooth. Store it in a glass jar. Shelf life – 2 months.
6. Almond Butter: Another one of the lactose-free dairy products made from butter is almond butter. It’s healthy, delicious, and super easy to make. Almond butter has all its beneficial nutrients – proteins, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, calcium, magnesium. But avoid consuming it if you are allergic to nuts. Ingredients raw almonds (100g) rock salt (a pinch) Method Pour the in the grinder and add a pinch of rock salt. Grind the almonds to powder form. Continue to grind until it separates the oil from the almond. The consistency should be very smooth. Shelf life – 2 months.
7. Tofu (Soy Paneer): For paneer lovers, tofu is a very good option packed with a good amount of proteins, calcium, and iron. Paneer is prepared from goat milk, whereas tofu is a soy product. For lactose intolerants, tofu is a healthier option as it has fewer calories and the necessary amount of calcium. Ingredients 1-liter soy milk 3 tbsp lime juice Method Boil soy milk for 20 minutes Add lime juice to milk and let it continue to boil. It will separate tofu from the milk. Now strain the tofu. Put right on the top for 30 minutes to compress it so that it becomes firm. Shelf life – can last up to a week in refrigerator Enjoy your satiety for milk with these lactose-free dairy products. They are good, delicious, and healthy replacements, and they will make you guilt-free.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review