My wife forced me to help her in the kitchen. Observations -
1. There is no stock ledger maintained. Procurement is not in line with provision factor. Purchase orders are placed verbally. Inventory maintenance is very poor.
2. There is no budgeting documents.
3. There is no indexing of products.
4. No bin cards were displayed.
5. No annual, monthly or quarterly stock taking has been carried out.
6. No Inspection has been carried out for years. Most of the spoons and plates are of wrong pattern and do not match with the original part number.
7. No procedure of Inventory valuation.
8. Weighing scales non existing.
9. No handing over /taking over files maintained.
10. No SOP and menu displayed.
11. Fire fighting equipment not held.
12. Sufficient reserves are not maintained.
13. Annual balance sheet and other financial statements have not been prepared since inception.
14. Lot of unaccounted cash was found in many boxes in the kitchen.
15. We understand that many items are lent / borrowed to / from neighborhood families but no records have been maintained.
Periodical balance confirmations were not made available for inspection.
*After the report I have been put into toilet cleaning duties*