Stress is mental or physical tension that results from physical, emotional, or chemical causes. Physiologically everyone reacts to stress in the same way initially.
You get a boost of adrenalin which speeds up your respiration, and perspiration and increases your focus and energy.
Stress management is a soft skill type that offers a range of strategies to help you better deal with stress and difficulty or adversity in life. Managing stress can help you lead a more balanced, healthier life.
Stress is an automatic physical, mental, and emotional response to a challenging event. It's a normal part of everyone's life.
Stress management is a wide spectrum of techniques and psychotherapies aimed at controlling a person's level of stress and tension, especially chronic stress, usually for and motive of improving everyday functioning.
Stress management in the workplace:
The workplace can be very different. We meet a lot of people and they are of varying characters. Handling stress at that time is something very required. People at the workplace react differently to different situations.
Some of the strategies that help reduce stress related to conflict include:
- Using active listening skills to understand other perspectives.
- Having an open group conversation in which everybody has a chance to speak.
- Addressing the issue promptly to avoid further escalation.
Why is stress management important?
Stress management gives you a range of tools to reset and recalibrate your alarm system. It can help your mind and body adapt (resilience).
Without it, your body might always be on high alert. Over time, chronic stress can lead to serious health problems
Some tips to reduce stress at the workplace:
- Develop healthy responses.
- Establish boundaries.
- Take time to recharge.
- Learn how to relax
- Talk to your supervisor.
- Get some support
- Track your stressors
- Start With Your Organization's Leadership Structure.
- Implement a System of Checks and Balances When Delegating Work and Assigning Tasks.
- Offer a Flexible Work Environment.
- Establish Different Work Spaces in the Office.
- Introduce an Employee Wellness Program.
ALSO READ: the-diet-plan